Artist / Sleeperhold
Dan Reid – AKA – Sleeperhold is one of Southampton’s hottest DJ exports, as a true workaholic Sleeperhold has been living and breathing, playing and producing house for the majority of his adult life.
For over two decades he has been a passionate and dedicated figure on the South Coast dance scene and fine art community, both as a DJ and a promoter. As a performing artist he is constantly pushing boundaries, thriving off the buzz of the crowd, and turning heads on dance floors with his deep-tech, groove-laden house, punchy bass lines and progressive anthems.
Dan is the business mind behind Southampton’s eminent High Tide Parties as well as new-founded record label High Tide Recordings. He has been exceedingly instrumental in bringing a plethora of talent, including some of the biggest names on the globe, to join in with Southampton’s maritime mayhem.
Reid’s roots and early influences make him a firm believer in the musical journey, and that’s where he is taking you as soon as you’ve stepped on to the dance floor. When he’s not moving bodies with his sweet, solid rhythms – he’s spending time in the studio. His debut release ‘Snapshot EP’ was put out through Mark Knight’s immense, legendary imprint – Toolroom Records.
Driven by his desire to focus his attention on an array of commanding projects, Sleeperhold, by his own admission has learnt a thing or two, playing alongside superstar decksmiths such as Carl Cox, Seth Troxler, Sasha and John Digweed.
Sleeperhold’s love of cultured, electronic music (and a party!) hasn’t faltered since the early days, when every weekend was a brand new adventure. Embracing new sounds, new technologies and new directions, whilst coherently combing them with the original spirit and inclusivity of house music, he continues to be one of the most exciting and prominent up and coming UK talents.
High Tide Best Of 2016 [24 tracks, 2 hour mix]
Date: 1 January 2017
We’ve been fortunate enough to play some truly amazing events in 2016 with so many good memories including Sankeys Ibiza, Elrow at Switch, Sasha Boat Party and the Abode All Nighter. With NYE around the corner we’ve hand picked 25 of our favourite tracks, ENJOY!
- Patrick Topping – Howk [Hot Creations]
- Solardo – Tribesman [Hot Creations]
- Denis Cruz – Everybody [Suara]
- Abbo – Drug Free (James Dexter Remix [Amplified Records]
- Detlef – Kinky Tail [Hot Creations]
- Raumakustik – Dem A Pree (Patrick Topping Remix) [Emerald City Music]
- Cristoph – Divvina [ViVA Music]
- Andrea Oliva – Vermona [Cuttin’ Headz]
- Sebo K – Catalyst [Robosoul]
- Mongo – Santa Carla [High Tide Recordings]
- Mongo – Carbon Freeze [High Tide Recordings]
- Isaac Tichauer – Higher Level (Bicep Remix) [Loft Records]
- Cristoph – Alone [Knee Deep In Sound]
- Oxia – Domino [Kompakt]
- Kolsch – Grey [Kompakt]
- Noir & Olivier Giacomotto – Reste (Raxon Remix) [Tronic]
- Dusky & Solomon Grey – Long Wait feat. Solomon Grey (Patrice Baumel Remix) [17 Steps]
- Christian Frommer & Johannes Brecht – Voix Grave (Johannes Brecht Version) [Diynamic]
- Redshape – Tel Aviv [Running Back]
- Sound Stream – Love Jam (Maceo Plex Unofficial Remix) [Free Download]
- Viadrina – Pictures (Tom Budden Remix) [ALiVE Recordings]
- Ronnie Spiteri – Underwater [Leena Music]
- James Blake – The Wilhelm Scream (Samu.l Unofficial Edit) [Free Download]
- Kollektiv Turmstrasse – Jupiter Sunrise [Diynamic]
Soundclash #3 – High Tide DJs b2b Live Recording (Warehouse Arena)
Date: 1 May 2016
A live recording of Gary Bennetton, Sleeperhold and Steve Knight b2b in the Warehouse Arena for Soundclash 3. Just before Patrick Topping. No warm up, straight in there.